The diverse landscape and attractions that Jordan offers draw an equally diverse base of potential customers, but Jordan is not a mass-market destination. You must consider how you are going to efficiently target your marketing efforts to the right client and not to your entire client base. Who exactly is the “right” client for travel to Jordan? The answer, of course, depends upon how you decide to market the destination.
Why should you consider developing a niche market to help you identify and attract customers who may potentially travel to Jordan? One obvious reason is Jordan’s unique selling features—its historical and religious significance alone makes it a destination unlike any other in the world.
Special interests provide a wealth of opportunity for you to market and sell Jordan to both individuals and groups. Jordan’s Ministry of Tourism has identified a list of priority niche markets that serves as an excellent guide for how you might develop your Jordan specialty. They include:
- Cultural Heritage (Archaeology)
- Health and Wellness
- Spa & Luxury
- Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events (MICE)
- Certificate of graduation as a Jordan Travel Specialist
- 4 credits from the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA). Go to www.acta.ca for details on the certification programs, eligibility for continuing education credits and how to receive these credits following graduation.
- Promotion and listing of your company on the Jordan Tourism Board North America website and in all promotional activities
- Qualify for Tour Operator led FAM Trips
How do you become a jordan travel specialist?
- Register or log in now and study the seven seminars of the General Course. The various links, videos and photo montages will also help you discover more on this fascinating country. Take the quiz that follows each seminar. The quizzes are automatically scored, so you will know how you are doing right away. Once you pass all seven quizzes, you will qualify as a Jordan Travel Specialist!
- To become a Jordan Adventure Travel Specialist and/or a Jordan Religious Travel Specialist, you must first successfully complete the General Course. Upon graduation, you will receive automatic access to both of these Master’s Courses. When completed, you will be certified in each specialty.